Don't worry, this is not uncommon and can usually be solved by contacting your old supplier.
We always suggest that if you receive an objection notice that you get in touch with your previous supplier as soon as possible - ideally within 48 hrs.
Get in touch
- Unfortunately, due to data protection, we cannot get involved and contact your old supplier on your behalf.
Let us know
- We will also not receive any notification that the objection has been lifted so please let us know as soon as you hear back from your previous supplier.
The common reasons your old supplier might object include:
Your account with the previous supplier is in debt
- You need to pay any money which you owe to your previous supplier for the energy you have used. You will not be able to switch until your account balance is cleared.
You are still in a contract with your previous supplier
- You will be unable to switch or start the switching process if there are more than 49 days left in your contract - If you have 48 days or less left on your contract come join us!
You need to pay exit fees
- If you are still in contract with your previous supplier you may have to pay a fee to leave before the contract ends
Address discrepancies and incorrect meter details
- If there is a mismatch between the address and the meter serial numbers at that property then there may be a delay in switching your energy supply until this can be clarified and the appropriate industry databases are updated